Friday, April 22, 2011

Days 20 and 21

Only 9 more days to go! And here are my two poems from yesterday and today.

Prompt 20: message in a bottle

You are the random molecule.
Could you reach anyone inland?
Do currents cross the equator?
This blank piece of paper
is my message. Whatever you think
I've said is fine; just don't believe it.

Prompt 21: second thoughts

Maybe we should have added
fluoride to the mighty Murray
or dried it up altogether
planted crops in its bed
or deciduous trees for their beauty.
Maybe my father shouldn't
have swum across it, even
in summer. Maybe, then, we
would all live forever
without losing sleep and teeth.

5 comments:

  1. I particularly love the first, especially the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gave you a Stylish Blogger award. Details here: http://rosemary-nissen-wade.blogspot.com/2011/04/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS You are now supposed to award 10 other bloggers, and post 7 pieces of info about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, I don't know 10 other bloggers! You'd etter take me off your list.

    ReplyDelete